18 May 2012

Summer = Get fit!

So, I have wanted to get back into running. I haven't really run since 7th grade track, but only because my knees and feet are really bad. I also need to strengthen my core muscles to improve my posture and help me be able carry the snare drum during drumline this fall. Not to mention the good ab workouts that double as core workouts! =)
Here's the plan that I came up with. All plans are subject to change without notice! =)
I hope to be able to stick to this throughout the summer!

5 Days A Week:

Run:
   May 25-June 1: Loop
   June 4-15: Loop + Hill + Sycamore (1.9)
   June 18-29: Loop + Ridgewood + Hill + Maple + Sycamore (2.5)

   July 2-13: Loop + Ridgewood (all) + Hill + Park ridge + Maple Sycamore (3)

   July 16-27: Sycamore + E 4th + Park Ridge + Hill + Loop +  Ridgewood (3.3)

   July 30-Aug. 10: Sycamore + e 4th + Larson + Hill + Loop (3.6)

   Aug. 13-24: Sycamore + Lynwood + N 5th + W 5th + E 4th + Larson
                                                                 + Hill + Loop (4)


Core:
   Planks:
         May 25- June 1: 1 minute
         June 4-15: 1:15
         June 18-29: 1:30
         July 2-13: 1:45
         July 16-27: 2 minutes
         July 30-Aug. 10: 2:15
         Aug. 13-24: 2:30

  Superman:
       Lying on front, lift legs and arms
         10 reps x 3

   Twists:
      Balancing on Butt, twist back and forth
         10 reps x 4

   Hip Lifts          
      Lie on back with legs at a 90˚ angle. Lift toes toward the ceiling
         10 reps x 2

   Hip Bridge:
      Lay on back with knees bent. Lift butt off the ground and hold
For 2 counts
         Work up to 10-12 reps

1 comment:

  1. Holy crow, girl! Your running plan is so intense and admirable! How in the world is it even possible to run four miles? I'll never understand.

    "All plans are subject to change without notice" bwahaha! so my life :)

    ReplyDelete