31 July 2011

Brownies!

Tonight our youth group is getting together at a leader's house and having ice cream. We didn't have to bring anything, but since it is Sunday afternoon and because I like to bake and cook, I made homemade brownies! I had never actually made homemade brownies before, so I was excited to try!
I used my Great Great Grandma Hersom's recipe.

Brownies
1 cup oleo
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1/2 tsp. salt
1.5 cups flour
1/2 tsp soda
4 Tbsp. Cocoa
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 cup nuts (I omitted these. I don't like nuts in brownies.)


Grease Pan
Bake 'till tested with toothpick.


Those are the instructions folks. Short and sweet. I am baking them at 350 degrees and just keeping an eye on them.

While they are cooking, I will insert a slightly related side note:
I really want an apron.
I might sew one soon.
Because, I really want one.
I am wearing a completely white shirt right now and it got cocoa powder on it, which is really minor and brushed right off, but I was really cautious not to get anything on it. The cocoa powder was an accident.
If I made an apron, it would look something like this:

(Country Living)

Minus the strange holiday print

(Elegant Linens)


(The Trendy Baby)




Anyway. . .back to my brownies. They ended up taking about 30 minutes at 350 degrees. 
Here's the finished product:




I don't know how they are going to taste, so I will definitely try a piece before I go!



Edit: I tried them and they tasted good. They weren't as chocolaty as brownies from a box, but never fear! That gave me an excuse to make frosting without having way-to-sweet brownies! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment