19 February 2011

Happenings

A train has hit me. Whatever the bug was that my dad had has transferred to me a little. It's a throat and head thing. Yuck.
Anyway, I put some pictures from my mom's card onto the computer, so I can write about them.

Here we go!

Last night, Kelli left for a youth retreat over the weekend. I decided I wanted to make something and to keep Evan out of my hair, I asked him if he wanted to help. He was actually really excited about it, even more than I expected. I decided to make Applesauce Muffins because they were really easy the first time I made them and I really liked them! They are from a cookbook my mom and her coworkers made in 1990 when she worked at the Capitol Records plant in Illinois.

Recipe:
Applesauce Muffins                                                                                          Mendy McGee
1/2 c. oil
1 c. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. applesauce (regular or cinnamon. I've tried both.)
1/2 tsp. nutmeg (the last time I made it I didn't have any so I dumped in some apple pie spice.)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. allspice

Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix well. Bake in muffin pans at 400ยบ for 15-20 minutes.

(Word of caution- You will want to use those muffin cups. If you try to butter the muffin tins, the butter will burn and the muffins will  still taste good, except for a thin crispy layer on the outside. Trust me, I know! :)

These things are super moist! I love 'em!

I don't know about you, but this is one of my favorite pictures possibly ever. I hardly ever get a good one of us together! We even match!

Moving right along. . .

Here are a few pictures from my concert a week ago.
Men, Men, Men, Men.

I'm the first one on the left in the middle.

Point!
That Saturday, along with my show choir competition, Kelli and my cousin Nathan had a solo/small group contest in Ogden.

Kelli's group. They got a 1-. (1+ is the highest). She's over there ↑
 
Nathan. He got a 1+. He's in 5th grade. My aunt Diane (his mom) accompanied him.
 Good job Kelli and Nathan!


A few other pictures. . .

Me and Kelli in her hammock.

A picture from this summer at Big Creek State Park. I was playing with Picnik.

Me doing interesting things to Kelli's hair.


Dresses I made for girls in Haiti in Sept./ Oct.
My piano teacher, one of her boys, and me at the apple orchard in October. (Did I mention she's awesome?)

Well, it's getting late, so I'll stop. More later. Prayers for feeling better soon would definitely be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment