21 January 2012

Speech!!

Today was the district competition for large group speech and drama. It was supposed to be at North High School in Des Moines, but got moved this morning because a sprinkler pipe at North burst and caused a small electrical fire early this morning. It was at Roosevelt High School across town, which I had been to before for a band contest. In fact, it is probably one of my favorite schools ever, because of its architecture. When I was there last time, I took pictures of the auditorium:






Today, Kelli and I both performed two selections.
Kelli performed "Puberty", a Reader's Theater, and "After", an Ensemble piece.
She gets to go to the State competition with the Reader's Theater piece, but the Ensemble piece was fantastic, too!
I performed "Murder in the Knife Room", a one act play, and "On the Fringe", a readers theatre.
Both of these groups get to go to state competition! We were very excited!

Tomorrow, I am traveling to Orange City, Iowa to visit Northwestern College. My friend Eliza and I are staying overnight in the dorms and touring on Monday. Sunday night is chapel, so we'll go to that also.
Road trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment